Articles → GIT → Working Directory, Stage Directory And Repository In Git
Working Directory, Stage Directory And Repository In Git
- Working directory is the path where a developer works.
- All the changes done in working directory are untracked changes.
- Changes made in working directory needs to be add/updated in staging directory else changes will be lost.
- The staging area is where git track changes on file.
- All the changes that needs to be committed are placed in staging directory.
- Repository is everything in the. git directory.
- All the changes when committed moves from staging directory to repository.