Articles → SQL SERVER → Rebuild System Databases In SQL Server 2008
Rebuild System Databases In SQL Server 2008
- What are system databases?
- What is the purpose of the system databases?
What Does Rebuild Do?
Scenarios Of Rebuilding Database
- Open command prompt
- Go to the following path
- If you are using SQL Server instance then go to the following path
- Execute following query
- /QUIET means that setup is run without any user interface
- /ACTION=REBUILDDATABASE means system databases are recreated
- /INSTANCENAME=sqlexpress2k8r2 specifies the instance name of database
- SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS= my_domain\admin_user_name specifies the domain name and admin user name of the system
- /SAPWD=login_password specifies the login password of the admin user
Log In Summary.Txt File