Articles → Android → Layout Editor In Android Studio
Layout Editor In Android Studio
What Is A Layout Editor?
How To Open Layout Editor?
- Open any layout file in res/layout folder.
- There will be 2 tabs i.e. Text and Design.
Click to Enlarge
Different Components Of Layout Editor
- Palette – This section contains the list of views and view groups that you can drag and drop onto your layout.Click to Enlarge
- Component tree – In this section, you can see the hierarchy of your layout.Click to Enlarge
- Toolbar – It contains the list of tools required to change the attribute of your layoutClick to Enlarge
- Design editor – Here, you drag and drop the controls and create UI.Click to Enlarge
- Attributes – Controls the layout of selected UI element in layout.Click to Enlarge