Articles → MICROSOFT AZURE → Introduction To Cloud Computing
Introduction To Cloud Computing
How To Own A Resource?
- Purchase every component (Pay cost upfront)
- Rent a resource and pay based on the usage like utility services (electricity, gas and water)
Categories Of Cloud Computing
- Platform As A Service (PAAS)
- Software As A Service (SAAS)
- Infrastructure As A Service (IAAS)
- Mobile "backend" as a service (MBaaS)
- Serverless computing
- Function as a service (FaaS)
Real World Analogy Of Cloud Computing Categories
Click to Enlarge
|Drive your own car - You have the flexibility of taking the route you want.You have to take care of the right route and the traffic signals||IAAS. Because you are required to manage the infrastructure.Example - Virtual Machine |
|Book a cab - You don’t have to worry about the routes and traffic signals.You have the flexibility to ask the cab driver to move the cab beyond your destination.||PAAS. Because you aren't required to manage the infrastructure. You can build and deploy your application.Example - App service.|
|Use public transport like bus. The public transport has a fixed path and you don’t have any option for any route change.||SAAS. Because you can use the application created by the vendor. You don’t have the option for any customization. Example - Gmail, Dropbox etc.|
Types Of Cloud Network
- Private cloud
- The computing services specifically offered to the specific organization is called private cloud.
- These are more secure as compared to public or hybrid clouds.
- Computed infrastructure is hosted on premises.
- Company IT department is accountable for managing the cost of the private cloud server.
- Public cloud
- These are the computing services offered by third party providers over the internet.
- Public cloud is deployed faster than the private cloud.
- Hybrid cloud
- This type of environment combines private and public clouds and shares application and data between them.
- In this service, basic and non-sensitive data is handled by the public cloud. Whereas sensitive data is handled by private clouds hosted on premises.
- Community model
- This is similar to the private network. In this model, one organization owns a network and other organizations who are working for the common goal share the resources.