Articles → .NET → Introduction To Assembly In .Net
Introduction To Assembly In .Net
- Single file assembly – An assembly which contains a single file and manifest is also incorporated in the same file.Click to Enlarge
- Multi file assembly – An assembly which contains more than one file is called multi-file assembly. In case of multi-file assembly, there could be a standalone manifest file.Click to Enlarge
.Net Assembly Contents
- Assembly manifest – The metadata which describes assembly and contents
- Type metadata – Defines type, method and property.
- Resources – like image, icons etc.
- Major version - Manually incremented for major releases, such as adding many new features to the solution.
- Minor version - Manually incremented for minor releases, such as introducing small changes to existing features.
- Build – Automatically increases when recompiling the same code.
- Revision – Incremented for hotfixes and patches