Articles → FLUTTER AND DART → Different Folders And Files In Flutter Project
Different Folders And Files In Flutter Project
- .idea folder – This folder contains the project specific settings. All settings files are in .xml format.
- Android folder – This folder holds the complete android project.
- Build folder – This folder contains the output of the flutter application. This folder contains the auto-generated code which programmer is not advised to change.
- IOS folder – This folder holds the complete IOS project.
- Lib folder – This folder contains all dart files.
- Test folder – If automated test cases are prepared then this folder will contain those automated test cases.
- Gitignore file – This file is used when you are working with GIT (a source code management tool). The .gitignore file is a text file that tells Git which files or folders to ignore in a project.
- .metadata file, .packages file, first_flutter_project.iml and pubspec.lock – These are the files created by flutter for maintaining data related to project. We are not going to use this in our project.
- pubspec.yaml – This file contains the information regarding the third party component, images and font files used in our project.
- Readme.md file – This is an autogenerated readme files.