Articles → PROJECT MANAGEMENT → Conflicts And Techniques Of Conflict Management
Conflicts And Techniques Of Conflict Management
What Is A Conflict?
What Is Conflict Resolution?
Techniques Of Conflict Resolution
- Withdraw / Avoid - In this technique, we postpone the issue till we get the better resolution or wait for someone else to resolve the issue.
- Smooth/Accomodate - In this technique, we emphasize on the points that the conflicting parties agreed on rather than the points where the conflicting parties disagree.
- Compromise/Reconcile - In this technique, we try to find the solution that provides some agreement between the parties to resolve the issue partially.
- Force/Direct - In this technique, we push the viewpoint of one on the other. This technique is normally to resolve the conflict in an emergency like situation.
- Collaborate/Problem solve - In this technique, we try to incorporate different viewpoints through an open dialog. This technique leads to the consensus or conflict resolution.